Want to speak at CAST, need more than a lightning talk, don’t want to write a paper? No problem!
This year we are featuring a new track called “Emerging Topics.” Think of it as a cross between a lightning talk and a normal track session.
How does it work?
- Each talk will be approximately 20 minutes, with at least 5 minutes for discussion
- You must propose a session in advance of the conference by joining the CAST 2011 Socialtext group and creating a wiki page
- Your peers may vote and comment on your proposal, votes and comments influence proposal selection (Voting ends July 15th)
- Proposals may be updated and changed based on feedback, peers may comment and change their vote at any time
- This track will be open both days of the conference (Aug 8-9th)
*Please consider the conference theme when making your proposal.
To learn more about or sign up for the “Emerging Topics” track check out Matt and Pete’s blog.