ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
VERSION 1.0: January 7, 2007
Access to the Black Box Testing Courses at the Association for Software Testing is provided subject to these terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. REGISTRATION AT THIS SITE OR USE OF THE MATERIALS AT THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Use of Material on the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site
The information, artwork, text, video, audio, or pictures (collectively, “Materials”) contained on the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site (the Site) are protected by copyright laws.
Some of the materials at this Site are identified as being licensed under a Creative Commons license. You may copy and distribute those materials, for non-profit or commercial use, subject to the modest restrictions of the Creative Commons attribution+share-alike license. Read this for a summary of that license. Read this for the full legal text.
Other materials at this site are not licensed under the Creative Commons license. They are copyrighted and may not be distributed further without permission of the rights-holder unless the Fair Use (or other) provisions of the intellectual property laws of your legal jurisdiction permit distribution independently of permission of the rights-holder. You may only access and use these Materials for personal or educational purposes. You may not modify or use these Materials for any other purpose without the rightsholder’s express written consent.
The Materials included on the Site have been compiled by Association for Software Testing (“us”) from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice.
Association for Software Testing does not solicit reports or any other information from Children under 16 years of age.
Sites Linked from the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site
The sites linked from this Site are not under Association for Software Testing’s control, and Association for Software Testing does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at such linked sites. Association for Software Testing does not intend links on the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities, and are provided for convenience only.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The information or data (collectively, “Information”) made available at the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site are provided “AS IS,” without warranties of any kind. Association for Software Testing expressly disclaims any representations and warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Association for Software Testing shall have absolutely no liability in connection with the services including without limitation, any liability for damage to your computer hardware, data, information, Materials and business resulting from the Information or the lack of information available on the Association for Software Testing Moodle Web Site.
Association for Software Testing shall have no liability for:
- Any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence, or for contingencies beyond its control, in procuring, compiling, or delivering the Information;
- Any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Information regardless of how caused, or delays or interruptions in delivery of the Information; or
- Any decision made or action taken or not taken in reliance upon the Information furnished hereunder.
Association for Software Testing makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason. Association for Software Testing makes no warranty, representation or guaranty that the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects can be corrected. For purposes of this section, ‘Association for Software Testing’ shall include Association for Software Testing, Inc., and its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, and any third-party providers or sources of information or data.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Association for Software Testing be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of, or reliance on, the Information, or from the use of the Internet generally. For purposes of this section, Association for Software Testing shall include Association for Software Testing, Inc, and its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, and any third-party providers or sources of information or data.
You agree that you will not engage in any activities at or in connection with this Site that compromise the security of this site, harm or intimidate any other person, create a hostile-feeling environment for another person (especially if that hostility is rooted in the gender, race, creed, national origin, or sexual preference of the other), damage the property or workproduct of another person, or waste their time.
Some examples of unacceptable use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- providing your login password to any other person
- providing the course login code to any other person
- deleting, copying, modifying, or forging others emails or homework
- accessing others’ email or other private documents without their permission
- damaging computer equipment, files, data or the network
- using profane, abusive, or impolite language
- disguising one’s identity, impersonating other users, or sending anonymous email messages
- threatening, harassing, or making false statements about others
- accessing, transmitting, or downloading offensive or harassing, materials
- accessing, transmitting, or downloading computer viruses or other harmful files, or in any way degrading or disrupting any computer system performance
- attempting to access information that is protected by privacy laws
- sending spam (unsolicited commercial, religious or political email) to others using the facilities of this Site or using contact information obtained from this Site
- deliberately flooding a user’s mailbox
- any acts prohibited by the federal law of the United States, the state laws of Florida, Virginia, or Washington, or of the jurisdiction in which you reside or access this Site from
- posting copyrighted material to the discussion forums or other areas of the Site without lawful authority
- posting material created by others to any area of the site or submitting such material as part of any assignment, exam or other workproduct unless that material is specifically identified as having been created (or partially created) by the original creator.