Team Owns Quality

Team owning quality was a new concept to me about a year ago. Luckily, I joined an organization that puts quality on the team rather than solely on the quality engineer. Here are my experiences and reflection on quality owned at the team level. Before I dive in, let’s first examine my past to know …

Team Owns Quality Read More »

Performance Testing Overview

Performance testing is a critical part of testing. Unfortunately, I think performance testing doesn’t get as much love as functional testing. Yet, performance significantly impacts user conversions or a user’s willingness to make a purchase. I hope to help set a solid foundation for performance testing in this article. Nearly 70% of consumers admit that …

Performance Testing Overview Read More »

How I POSTMAN

POSTMAN is great for testing APIs. I’ve written a few articles about understanding APIs and testing them. However, I use POSTMAN for more than just testing. In this article, I’ll briefly talk about how I use POSTMAN. API Testing I perform roughly 90 percent of API testing in POSTMAN. For the other 10 percent, I …

How I POSTMAN Read More »

Basis Path Testing

Basis path testing is a powerful software testing technique. Basis path testing is an excellent technique for new software testers or developers to learn because anyone can visually see the testing paths, requiring minimal testing knowledge. There’s one dependency that I want to call out, though, this testing is only as good as the control-flow …

Basis Path Testing Read More »