The Association for Software Testing is looking for new board members and one of them could be you!
Ooh, I quite fancy that!
Great! To nominate yourself or someone else for the upcoming election you need to know that:
- nominees must have been AST Members continuously since 7 August 2022, and
- all nominations must be seconded by another member of AST.
We also expect that effective board members:
- have a track record of supporting the mission of AST, and
- do not own or operate conferences or initiatives that compete with AST programs.
OK, what does being on the board look like?
You’ll be actively engaged in the leadership of the AST including, but not limited to, the following:
- participation in monthly video calls
- attending 3 board meetings per year – 2 in-person with 1 being at CAST
- involvement in day to day operations
- involvement in current and future projects
As an organisation we prefer to talk things through respectfully and hope to arrive at consensus on most things. We strive to give opportunities for our board members to follow their interests and energy in ways that benefit AST.
Being on the board is a public service to your profession and your fellow testers. It requires dedication, sacrifice, and commitment.
Sounds good! How to I get nominated?
Get a seconder and add your names to this google form.
Closing date for nominations is 15 June 2023.
And what happens next?
We’ll check your eligibility and be in touch.
There’ll be a candidate questionnaire where you get to make your pitch, and then a round of voting.
Is that all?
Just one more thing: we look forward to receiving your nominations!
The Elections Committee (Louise Perold, Trisha Chetani)