A twitter conversation from Friday, Oct 21…
@TesterAB Anna Baik: What’s best practice for icecream? I don’t know what flavour of icecream I should eat, and I’m afraid to get it wrong.
- @skillinen Sylvia Killinen: @TesterAB Test ALL the ice cream, that way you’ll know which one best satisfies conformance. 🙂
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @skillinen I like this idea very much 🙂
- @adampknight Adam Knight: @TesterAB it’s vanilla, if you’re not eating vanilla you are doing it wrong. I’d suggest getting yourself CVM certified as soon as you can
- @adampknight Adam Knight: @sbarber @TesterAB we should be specific. I’ll clarify in my “10 ways to check if you are truly vanilla” blog post #BestIceCreamPractice
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @adampknight @TesterAB Certified Valuation Manager ™? No, no, no, that’s only appropriate for *children’s* icecream! #BestIceCreamPractice
- @testingqa Guy Mason: @TesterAB Best to go for that which you most prefer at that point in time?
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @testingqa No no no. There must be one flavour of icecream that is best for everybody to eat at all points in time.
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @TesterAB @testingqa ROTFL!! That would be the #BestIceCreamPractice, right?
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @sbarber @testingqa Yes! None of this wishy-washy nonsense, I only want to eat the BEST flavour of icecream. #BestIceCreamPractice
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @TesterAB @testingqa So chocolate, pistachio, lemon sorbet, raspberry swirl, topped with caramel & orange soda, right? #BestIceCreamPractice
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @sbarber @testingqa #BestIceCreamPractice Finally, someone who’ll give me an answer! …wait. How do I know you’re qualified?
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @TesterAB @testingqa #BestIceCreamPractice I founded a non-profit to establish BICP qualification stds and issued myself a certification.
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @sbarber @testingqa #BestIceCreamPractice Sounds reassuring, I knew there’d be an Official Body somewhere to tell me what icecream to eat
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @TesterAB @testingqa #BestIceCreamPractice The invoice for my services are in the mail. $400/hr + $25,000 for the BICP flavor report.
- @can_test Paul Carvalho: @sbarber @TesterAB @testingqa do you have a template for that report? 😉
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @can_test @TesterAB @testingqa Oh yes, but it’s only for members. Membership is a modest $2,500/year #BestIceCreamPractice
- @TesterAB Anna Baik: @sbarber @testingqa Eeek! Don’t I even get something to show to people to prove I now know #BestIceCreamPractice?
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @TesterAB @testingqa #BestIceCreamPractice when check clears we mail you a Certified BICP Practitioner Certificate (suitable for framing)
- @testalways Eusebiu Blindu: @sbarber @adampknight @TesterAB I am thinking to create some “opensource” certificate, free to use in CV, with listings in some website
- @sbarber Scott Barber: @testalways @adampknight @TesterAB #BestIceCreamPractice no worries, I have mtgs w/ governments to mandate BICP certs for icecream buyers
Questions? No? Didn’t think so. 🙂
Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus, Inc.
Co-Author, Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
Author, Web Load Testing for Dummies
Contributing Author, Beautiful Testing, and How To Reduce the Cost of Testing
“If you can see it in your mind…
you will find it in your life.”